Additional services for older people
We’ve got loads of specialist support services for older people. We want to help people stay independent for as long as possible.
Life is more fun with friends. And we think everyone deserves to feel part of something. So we help older people make the most of their community.
You don’t have to be living in one of our independent living properties to access some of our services. Anyone in the community can get in touch. Because everybody deserves to be helped.
Our services vary depending on where you live in our geography, and we offer bespoke support services that do not interfere in your daily life. Our services focus on maintaining independent living. Generally, it is “helping with” rather than “doing for”.
The support on offer includes:
- Helping you gain access to other services, like social services for home care, meals on wheels, or special household aids
- Helping you to become part of the community or to access local community organisations
- Helping you to live in a safe and healthy environment
- Regularly checking that your alarms are working
- Providing general advice when required
- Helping you to establish social contacts and activities
Some of our schemes in Somerset and Dorset offer meals, cleaning, gardening and personal alarms. To request any of these services or find out what is available at each scheme please contact us.