Who We are and how to contact us
www.abri.co.uk is a site operated by The Swaythling Housing Society Limited trading as Abri ("We", "Our", "us"). We are a Registered Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, number 10237R and a registered provider with the Regulator of Social Housing, number L0689 and have Our registered office at Collins House, Bishopstoke Road, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO50 6AD.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with number 685254.
We provide management services for subsidiaries in the Abri Group. Further corporate information is available at www.abri.co.uk.
To contact us please visit www.abri.co.uk/contact.
By using Our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use Our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Customer Privacy Notice. See further under How we may use your personal information;
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use Our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to Our site
We may update and change Our site from time to time to reflect changes to Our products, Our users' needs and Our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw Our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that Our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of Our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer Our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will make sure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
Our site is only for users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through Our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a username or password or any other piece of information as part of Our security procedures, you must treat this information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party without Our prior written consent.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username or password, you must promptly let us know by visiting www.abri.co.uk/contact.
How you may use material on Our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in Our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All rights are reserved.
You can print off and download extracts of any page(s) from Our site for your personal use and you can also draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on Our site.
You must not change the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on Our site must always be acknowledged (except where the content is user-generated).
You must not use any part of the content on Our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or Our licensors.
No text or data mining, or web scraping
You must not conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to Our site or any services provided via, or in relation to, Our site. This includes using (or permitting, authorising or attempting the use of):
- any "robot", "bot", "spider", "scraper" or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the site or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same;
- any automated analytical technique aimed at analysing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
This clause shall not apply insofar as (but only to the extent that) we are unable to exclude or limit text or data mining or web scraping activity by contract under the laws which are applicable to us.
Do not rely on information on this site
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on Our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on Our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites We link to
Where Our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may get from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat functionalities. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on Our site do not represent Our views or values.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user
We do not exclude or limit in any way Our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or the negligence of Our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user
▪ We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to Our site or any content on it.
▪ We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
▪ use of, or inability to use, Our site; or
▪ use of or reliance on any content displayed on Our site.
▪ In particular, we will not be liable for:
▪ loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
▪ business interruption;
▪ loss of anticipated savings;
▪ loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
▪ any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user
Please note that we only provide Our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use Our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How we may use your personal information
We will only use your personal information as set out in Our Customer Privacy Notice.
Uploading content to Our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to Our site, or to make contact with other users of Our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in Our Acceptable Use Policy below.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to Our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of Our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to Our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on Our site if, in Our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in Our Acceptable Use Policy (below).
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
Viruses and security
We do not guarantee that Our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access Our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse Our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not engage in any criminal/fraudulent activity or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our site, the server on which Our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Our site. You must not attack Our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any breaches to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to Our site
You may link to Our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on Our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to Our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of Our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in Our Acceptable Use Policy (below).
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on Our site other than that set out above, please contact us by visiting www.abri.co.uk/contact.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Our trade marks are registered
"Abri" and "Abri Homes" are UK registered trade marks of Abri Group Limited (a Registered Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, no. 8537 and a charitable registered provider with the Regulator of Social Housing no. L4172) and The Swaythling Housing Society Limited (a Registered Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 no. 10237R and a registered provider with the Regulator of Social Housing no. L0689).
You are not permitted to use them without Our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on Our site.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You may not use Our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with Our content standards (as set out below);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- to upload terrorist content.
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of Our site;
- any equipment or network on which Our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of Our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on Our site, including, without limitation:
- video-sharing facilities;
- chat functionality;
- bulletin boards,
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do Our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on Our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on Our site, and we expressly exclude Our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user who breaks Our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of Our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
We do not store terrorist content.
These content standards (“Content Standards”) apply to any and all material which you contribute to Our site (“Contribution”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions);
- comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- include child sexual abuse material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal content or activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take action.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of these terms upon which you are permitted to use Our site, and may result in Our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to Our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude Our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
How this contract can be transferred
We can transfer Our rights and obligations under these terms to any third party, provided this does not adversely affect your rights under these terms.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. We both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.